[pianotech] Ancient Chinese proverb

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 17:22:32 MDT 2011

I always come to the defence of Lindners even though certain aspects
eventually failed.  I have come across lots of them over the years and was
always impressed with the incredible tuning stability and the punchy sound  they
made.  Very good for clubs etc.  I would imagine that whoever has  bought
parts will eventually sell them.  I still have not heard of  anyone else who
has seen the Lindner grand.  I remember just one  of them in the 70's in
Bristol and it really was a super design very much  like a harpsichord on a
central pedestal.  I seem to remember that it was  straight strung and had a
conventional Herrburger Brooks action.

Richard