[pianotech] Chickering Grand Hammer Flanges?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 26 14:21:29 MDT 2011

Patrick,
Not no, H%$# NO!<G> First of all, I've redesigned many actions for Chickerings Using Pratt Read and Renner parts. There are ways of putting a new action in a piano. Plastic, IMSO, is not it. It's too stiff and clunky for my likes. But, thanks for the suggestion.<G> I have all of the W.N.& G. action parts kit. I've done the numbers, etc.Just didn't add up for this olde duffer.<G> My point to this exercise is to see if I can save the customer some big bucks and have the piano play as it was originally designed. (which I consider to be correct for the instrument, as this is a pre-Aeolian thang.<G>)
Regards,
Joe