[pianotech] C-5 Yamaha and Ronsen Weickert hammers

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Jun 24 08:17:40 MDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Muncy <wadomuncy at yahoo.com>
To: Dale Erwin <erwinspiano at aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Jun 8, 2011 8:03 am

 Hi Dale

On another subject, I hung the Ronsen Weickert hammers in my Yamaha C-5 yesterday afternoon.  The boring is the best I've ever had.   The size of the bore was absolutely perfect for my style of hanging,
   I could slap about a dozen hammers at a time onto the shanks and line em up before the glue grabbed.  All the angles and bore lengths were also perfect.  My only (very minor) complaint is no extras, I always like a few just in case.
   Sometimes I don't have any or I screw up a few.
 Anyway, they went on fast and looked great.  Then I put the action back in my piano to do final alignment, string leveling, and to check out if I wanted to skin or lacquer or anything like that.  Well, obviously, the first thing was just to play and listen...after that I never got to second base for any other work.

  They are unbelievably great.  I played for hours, didn't stop until past 9.  The pianissimo is truly incredible.  If it were on a stage, I would probably like a little more balls at fortissimo,

 but in my home, I don't think I need that.  I might dope or skin the last (highest) half octave, but I think I'll just let them break in naturally.

 Wade Muncy RPT--Reno