[pianotech] New experiences

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Nov 6 13:16:11 MST 2011

Earthquakes are freaky!  I was coming to a stoplight in Everett, a few
miles north of Seattle in our latest significant earthquake in about 2005
or so ( I came to NE in 2006) or so..don't remember the year.  The
pavement turned into a jello like flow of waves, every light posts shook
up and down.  When it started, I thought maybe somebody knew me and was
tapping my rear bumper with their car on mine at the stop sign. I look in
my rearview mirror and nobody was there. The pavement moved up and down
like a boat passing with it's wake!  then I saw everybody running from out
of their work-places!  It's very scary!!  I was at another quake at our
family cabin also in Washington when about 21 or so..  Veeery scary as it
just sits on pilons with no real foundation sitting on the edge of a 30'
cliff to the beach!!  The land made all these weird wavey motions like
water.

It makes a noise like a train passing through town, but with gusto!!!

I didn't feel the one here in lincoln, but it was a wimpy thing!  Just set
your chess pieces upright on the board, and you'll be fine.

The "big one" is supposed to happen soon.  Then California will be some
sort of island!  I'm not kidding! We're waaaay over due (geologically
speaking)

Paul
Now in Nebrasky! OK here!  Still miss the beautiful Pacific NW!!