[pianotech] I don't think this is a factory approved installation...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 10 08:25:06 MST 2011

On 11/9/2011 11:27 PM, Rob McCall wrote:

Looks like a brake spring (sort of appropriate for a pedal), and WOW,
take a look at the pin row spacing on that tenor bridge! <G>

Next week, I get to drive out 150+ miles round trip to see what it takes
to get the damper pedal on a 2 year old Pearl River (grand, I think)
working. Movers dropped it brand new, took it back for case repair,
brought it back, and left it without the pedal working. The guy who
tunes for her doesn't do repairs or adjustments of any sort, so she's
never had a functional damper pedal. Must not be the same guy as yours,
or the piano would be full of baling wire and unidentifiable rusty
hardware. This guy apparently knows his limitations...

Ron N