[pianotech] Waltham, was Pic Puzzler

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Fri Nov 11 20:29:06 MST 2011

Mike -
How tall is that piano?  Work looks excellent.  One question.  Was
that the original hammer line in the tenor?  I expected to see the
first few hammers (#29,30, 31, etc.) with a graduated strike point
starting closer to the nut (top termination) than the remainder of
the treble, although, in the picture at least, the shanks look like
they couldn't be any longer.  An optical delusion perhaps. What else
was done with this piano?  Question is tangentially relevant to a
tangential discussion on the other pianotech (egroups at ptg.org) (Price
Shoppers) regarding the kind of work one would choose to do with uprights.

In any case, it was more likely my mmry than sperience.
David Skolnik

At 03:33 PM 11/11/2011, Mike Spalding wrote:
>Waltham, for one.
>
>On 11/11/2011 12:08 PM, David Skolnik wrote:
>>May just be my lack of sperience, but what upright uses wound
>>tricords in bass?
>>David Skolnik
>>Hastings on Hudson, NY

<file://c:\documents%20and%20settings\david\application%20data\qualcomm\eudora\attach\Waltham.jpg>
[]