[pianotech] Business Definition

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Sat Nov 12 12:23:11 MST 2011

Well - it depends on what you claim as a "home office".

Since my "home office" contains home office workspace from my wife when she works from home and other "personal" stuff,
I can't take that deduction - per say.

However, since my primary work space is in my basement, when I first started, my accountant said I could do a "legal"
workaround and claim a deduction of your utilities.

So, say you have a home that is 1500 sq ft and your primary work space uses 80% of that space (basement and "office"
space). You can take all of your utility bills and deduct 80% as work space usage.

Happy "legal" deducing,
Duaine

P.S. See not everything is crap and negative

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years