[pianotech] Help - Can you name this piano?

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Mon Nov 14 07:47:41 MST 2011

A few years ago I came into possession of a piano that has similarities:  has the una corda shifting to the left, had a WN&G action, and has 6 wound trichords in the low tenor and four more in the upper bass.  No brand on the fall board and none on the plate.  Serial number was finally found stamped under the keys in barely readable condition.  After total dissembly, I discovered McPhail written in pencil on one of the action rails.  Your piano looks similar, but it is obviously newer.  Mine was made around 1910.  I rebuilt it, and it now graces our living room across from the player.  And the fall board looks quite nice with a McPhail decal on it.

Arlie