[pianotech] nomenclature

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Nov 18 14:05:04 MST 2011

I think Old Ivory is that harvested before the US ban of importing, and
the New ivory is that exported from anywyhere after the US said "no".

I'm still unclear on old pianos with old ivory.  Why they can't get
imported is really silly, but I've heard it happening. I think Roger Gable
had to do a whole keyboard restoration because it had old ivory to go to
Canada years and years ago.  True, Roger.?  Help out with this, please.  I
think you know the best import/export rules.

Thanks,
Pau