[pianotech] Tight plastic flanges

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Nov 27 08:37:31 MST 2011

Thanks for the responses, Joe, Richard, Wim.  Pretty much confirms my
first impressions. Richard, interesting about the glue. You can see
traces of it on the flanges; in fact it's visible on the pic I sent.
It's interesting that the hammer flanges had evidently been carefully
travelled, because the uncut ends of the travel paper were visible on
quite a few flanges.  Wim, thanks for the suggestion about the new
flanges. I can see that it would probably be cheaper to fit all new
flanges, even if they have to be reamed, than to mess about reaming the
bushings in all the old plastic flanges.  It might be the case that in
the end the customer would decide just to buy a new piano, though!  But
we shall see how things work out with the Protek CLP, by the time of the
next tuning.

Best regards,

David.