[pianotech] Yamaha p22

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue Nov 29 12:52:56 MST 2011

Years ago I had a customer with a Knabe console that really had a very long
ring on about 8 or 10 notes above the end of the dampers.  That meant this
piano had exceptional sustain in this area, but it bothered my customer so
much that she asked me to add dampers.  Which I did, about 8 if memory
serves me correctly.  Unlike a grand where the belly rail gets in the way,
you could add dampers all the way up to 88 on a vertical if that floated
your boat.  It was simply a matter of getting spoons, underlevers, heads and
dampers, and adapting everything.

Will Truitt