[pianotech] Hammers - was Brighter Yamaha

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sat Dec 1 18:04:40 MST 2012

Only one?  While it may be true that a number of piano manufacturers and
some hammer makers continue to produce garbage, the pendulum is clearly (in
my view) swinging in the favor of well-made hammers.

Ronson is one, and I like them.  But instantly I think of some of the
offerings from Abel, Renner Blue Points, WN&G's "Selects," or "Naturals."
 And even our old friend S&S is changing their hammer making to produce
something more along these lines.  True, S&S isn't quite there yet, but I
find that when I need to use their hammers (the choice isn't always mine to
make) they are very usable with not a great deal of "heroics."

William R. Monroe

--
William R. Monroe, RPT
A440-William R. Monroe Piano Services, Inc.