[pianotech] Making a grand piano quiet<G>!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 7 00:58:22 MST 2012

This was posted on the "Dark Side List". Just can't resist.<G>:
"I have a client that needs to reduce the sound level of an older Mason and
Hamlin grand piano. ( Model A built in 1968, according to Pierce.) It is in
a pubic space and they want to reduce the volume so that people conducting
business in the same room can hear each other while the piano is being
played. Even with the lid closed it is too loud." (!!!!!!)[G]

Jeez! If I had a piano "..in a PUBIC place...", it'd damned sure be
quiet!<G>
btw, I've been told that Edwards String Covers is no longer. Is that true?
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I