[pianotech] GH-1s or other G?-1s anomolies

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 19:52:36 MST 2012

Ron said:
"I've done GH1s, and the biggest thing I didn't like about using the
original bridge was that the wrap got so small.

Orphaned bridge and tuning pins and adding hitch pins for the bichords
didn't bother me nearly as much.

> Oh, one thing that did change in several models, is whether they have
> support beams and where they placed them. That, I think, is a major part
of
> the issue. The first ones I encountered, had no support beams and were
> major "squirrely"!<G>

Maybe, but from what I've seen I think the low break% low tenor is the
major problem."

Ron,
(check for a bright star in the East<G>) I totally agree. I had to check
with my preferred string maker and he said "no problem". Phew!
Best,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police