[pianotech] GH-1s

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Dec 18 00:00:38 MST 2012

Sorry for the weirdness in my posts but for some reason when I send a message from my cell phone the punctuation comes in as an html command or something.  Where you see “'” that was typed as a simple apostrophe.  Don’t know why the program does that.  Both the new and the old list seem to pick that up.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

I was being semi facetious but I know that pushing the tension down doesn't work because I've tried it. The tone just sounds weak and thin.  Poor bass response is a soundboard issue, in my view and that's where you should look to resolve it. That's not to say there aren't bad scales but I don't think that compromising the scale to try and fix a soundboard limitation is the right approach. If the gnarliness of the bass scale is a concern because it may be overdriving the board then it can also be addressed with a lighter and softer hammer.

I haven't tried the wire you refer to to try and up the bp% so i can't really comment there.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

415.407.8320