[pianotech] GH-1s

Jim Ialeggio jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Tue Dec 18 17:18:25 MST 2012

David wrote:

<I think it may be that what you heard in those pianos was a much lower
tension scale. Those lower tension scales produce less power but
stronger fundamental which can be heard as greater clarity, a simpler
and warmer sound anyway. I have a customer with an 1850's Bosendorfer,
wooden frame, very low tension. The piano lacks the power, of course, of
a modern piano but has a certain warmth and character to it that is
quite pleasing.

Exactly my point. My hunch is that there is room here to experiment and
try to find something akin to a hybrid zone. It ain't all the strings as
we agree, but the strings are part of the puzzle.  I will continue to
mess around with the problem.

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio