[pianotech] How to analyze an existing tuning

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:44:48 MST 2012

For the time it would take to "analyze/test each pin
& string", you could just tune it!

Terry "UniGeezer" Peterson
"Over 50, and not '2' Tired!"
www.unigeezer.com

From: pianofortetechnology at saol.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:48:23 +0200
Subject: [pianotech] How to analyze an existing tuning

Message

May I ask you folks how you analyze a piano
before you tune it, your procedure?  Also in particular I would like
to know how one analyzes, for example, each tuning pin/string of a
note though that particular note is showing/sounding as a clean sounding octave
and unison?  Though it sounds good, how does one analyze/test each pin
& string to make sure it is actually solid & stable?