[pianotech] Plastic Damper flanges

David Weiss davidweiss at embarqmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:23:34 MST 2012

Hi Rob,

I just finished a similar job on a Mason Hamlin console.  Beautiful piano on
the outside, but it had plastic backchecks, jack flanges, and damper
flanges.  I was lucky though, about 20 damper levers were intact and I used
those as guides.    The new damper levers  I got from Schaff, and they were
an exact match to the originals.  The part number is 3786J.

The advice you has received so far has been great.  Just to echo what others
have said I strongly recommend doing this job in your shop, and be sure to
charge enough, it takes a chunk of time.

Good luck.

David Weiss