[pianotech] Method for cutting balance rail bearings

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 2 19:15:17 MST 2012

David-

For accuracy, why not make a strip of wood or plastic with the contour, then drill the strip, then chop the little blocks. Make indexing jigs using a balance rail pin to hold the strip while you drill or cut.

The concept looks very workable. There would probably be a slight change in key height when the blocks were turned.

Ed Sutton