[pianotech] GOODWAY FRUITCAKE & MAILLIST CO.

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Tue Jan 3 23:24:11 MST 2012

Technology isn’t standing still   I have a retarded/retired computer that has Windoze 98 on it and it works just fine for ham radio.  My Droid doesn’t like me and so I use it to throw around the room when my thumbs don’t quite hit just one stupid button.  I also can’t seem to get it to send emails.  I still make calls on it and use to navigate around the planet.  It also works well as a video camera or to record a particular piano situation.  I’ve adapted.  My home computer, who’s OS is indeed Windows but I’m not sure what version came after Vista, is my PianoTech device.  I’ve accepted the fact that my mobile device won’t work as an interface for this forum.  I’ve moved from pneumatic players to digital players, and from cassette deck piano players to iPad driven piano players.  This list will most assuredly go through similar changes.  It’s technology.  You gotta move along with it or get hit up side the head with a booze soaked dense loaf of bread that was made in China by a guy named Sammi.  The recent desire by the home office to change this forum to a web based system has indeed hit a wall and needs to be refined so that it includes all the devices that y’all are using and I’m sure in time, someone will indeed make a fruitcake that is accepted by all .........  THAT will indeed be a talented person, on both frontiers.

So let’s soak this forum in booze and slice it thin, add a swipe of real butter and find a way to suck it up and live with it.  We all got past the era of driving around with the windows down to dry our hair  ......  slamming the phone back in the cradle   .............   answering machines that needed to be cleaned   .............   Conn Strobozo Tuners that needed to be warmed up   .................  Commodore 64’s, Attaris, XT380’s, 15 inch floppies, external modems, index cards and a lousy cheap piano from Samaha.  It’s inevitable that a higher logic will indeed take over and this list will become saggy and baggy.  Lag behind if you wish, and whine all you want, this forum will be changing with the times and we’ll all have to flow with it as best as we can.   In the meantime, I’ll do my best to totally mash it’s flow into mush, cuz being a brat is one thing I haven’t quite out grown yet!!  I don’t feel like moving on!!  I like being a belligerent teenager, going on 6 decades now.  Ya gotta stay with what ya know, and staying with this outdated forum is what some of you are going to insist on!!  That’s a given!

If my 94 year old dad can adapt to the ever changing technology we have in our lives,   ...........  what’s your problem??  Stubborn??  Unwilling to change??  So’s Dad  ....  but he owns a computer with all the latest goodies on it and keeps in touch because that’s what he wants to do.  If ya want to stay in touch, ya gotta be willing to follow the herd  ........  and we all know what the view is if your not up in front.  Shuffle along and make it work and don’t step in any fruitcake.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year to all of you esteemed colleagues.  I’ve enjoyed working with all of you and find this forum a highly valued addition to my career.

Lar