[pianotech] Tuned my first "Bird Cage" piano

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Jan 7 05:39:59 MST 2012

I can't believe you've not tuned a birdcage before!  What you need is
not a strip mute but a Papps mute. No good at all trying to tune without
dampers. Papps mute easily fits between the damper wires, and is located
by dragging the tip across the strings, plectrum-like. It's fast, and easy.

Best regards,

David.