[pianotech] string scale

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 7 16:03:31 MST 2012

Dean,
I would say that is part of "rescaling". There are those who do a whole
heckofa lot more and they still call it a Steinaha or whatever. I think
that is stretching it a bit, but I know that it is their intent to make it
a whole lot more of a piano than what it was originally. The one given,
that is difficult to alter, is the plate. It is the one parameter that we
have to deal with. The rest: soundboards/ribs/rim etc, is all changeable.
Just Evaluating a Scale and making minor corrections that are dictated by
anomolies of the bridges, etc. is merely Scale Improvement to me.
What would you call it?<G>l
Best,
Joe

Behalf