[pianotech] tuned my first "bird_cage" piano

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 06:48:41 MST 2012

This sounds very long-winded, tipping the action every time you pull the
strip mute- for setting unisons.  In order to keep the damping tidy  you
usually have to secure the end buttons/clips as well.   I suppose  we are so
used to overdampers over here that, as David Boyce says, we get used  to one
Papps wedge and find that the gentle stroking of the wedge over the  strings
soon tells us when to push the wedge in.  Like all tuning  techniques, it is
frustrating at first  but soon becomes second nature and  very fast.

Richard