[pianotech] WNG jack don't come back no more, no more, no more.....

Mark S Burgett markb at pianodisc.com
Sat Jan 21 15:10:00 MST 2012

Hi Ed,

Sorry for the delay in answering as we are at the NAMM Show and it is quite hectic schedule at times.

First of all, did you check the gram resistance of the jack without the spring?  Measure at the jack tender and it should be .5 to 1.5 grams of resistance.  Next, check the gram resistance of the repetition lever (without spring).  Measure at the let-off pad and it should be 4-8 grams.  You must have an accurate dial type gram gauge with not too high range for a good reading.  I suggest a 10 gram range maximum.

Our springs are made of stainless steel and most pianos use Phosphorus Bronze for rep springs.

Hope this helps,

Mark