[pianotech] Self-tuning piano

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Wed Jan 25 13:58:10 MST 2012

Wim,

The pin is the conductor through which current is sent to each individual string, so the string itself is heated and thereby made to go flatter. The plate is the ground plane that returns the used current to the other pole of the source. But there is something lacking in the resolution of the measuring device if what I heard is as close as it can get. "To the nearest cent" is not close enough.

Hear also C5 and G5 in the background music of the demo video. This guy may be a fine engineer (I wouldn't know), but  he's no judge of a tuning. Doesn't he have an editor?

~ Mark Schecter