[pianotech] piano dusters

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 13:28:21 MST 2012

Bert said: "I haven't used a feather duster since I was quite young (my
parents had one around the house), but I did kind of wonder if they might
scratch some finishes. I'll definitely avoid those. I was also thinking
that wool on high-gloss finishes might not be so good, so thanks for your
comment on that as well. I think I'll confine my search to cotton and
microfiber products.

Any more comments, anecdotes, etc. are welcome."

Bert,
I've seen two instances where microfiber rags were used and they left
"swirls". I'd suggest forgetting any synthetic material. Soft, well washed
cotton is really the recommended material by most refinishers, etc. It's
what I use and recommend to clients with no reprocussions, so far.<G>

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I