[pianotech] Kawai GS-50 damper tray

Laura Olsen ajoyfulsound at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 21:51:07 MST 2012

Hi Don,
Thank you so much for getting back to me with this advice.  I tightened the screws that hold the damper flange rail to the belly rail.  I'll have to tightened the screws on the wood pivot blocks. I didn't see the screws.  Now I know why.  I thought about the damper leaver lead weights, particularly since some notes rattle when the damper lever is dropped back on to the damper tray.  The relative humidity in the room was 25%.  I'll bet it's both the wood pivot blocks and some of the damper leaver lead weights.

OK.  I'm going back in.  (They don't call 'em Damn pers for nothin'!)

Laura