[pianotech] Erwins C-7 you tube recordings

erwinspiano erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jun 2 12:14:12 MDT 2012

Jim
Yes. Same room same piano.The first is recorded across the room. The second one had the zoom sitting on the plate. I liked that one better. Also the mics that sit on top of the unit can be turned 90 or120 degrees. So far I like the 120 degree setting for piano recording. It seems more omni directional.
No egg on face today
Dale

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1jim at grandpianosolutions.com wrote:Dale,

Thanks for working this recording "how-to".

There are 2 recordings, I think of the same piano, only mic'd
differently.  Is this correct?  Same room?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr1r4kEf6j4  Zoom H4 on plate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaw3wwku7LI&feature=related
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaw3wwku7LI&feature=related>  Zoom H4( I
think) a few feet from  piano

As I go back and forth between the two (if they are infact the same
piano) I'm trying to see beyond the obvious tonal differences produced
by the 2 mike positions, to see if I can pick out parts of the envelopes
I'm interested in.  Sound on the surface is of course quite different.

Now, if they are in fact 2 different pianos, well then I have egg on my
face and my bad...I'll go to my room...

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio