[pianotech] mp3 recordings - How?

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Mon Jun 4 15:04:45 MDT 2012

David and all,

Thank you David. It was Scott Davie's initiative to record the audio
CD from which this track came. He is a very fine pianist, with an
amazing ability to shape a work, particularly with respect to his
sensitive use of rubato. Scott hasn't unfortunately been a household
name, possibly because he's not one of those what-about-me pianists.
He gave a copy of the CD from which this track came, Lilacs, to
Vladimir Ashkenazy. Mr Ashkenazy clearly recognized Scott's talent,
and he is booked to perform Tchaikovsky's Manfred Symphony and
Rachmaninoff's original version of his Piano Concerto No.4, with the
Sydney Symphony Orchestra (SSO) at Sydney Opera House on November 21,
23 and 24.

The concerts are already heavily booked, although there are still
some tickets available.
Here's a link to the SSO's whats on page

http://www.sydneysymphony.com/calendar/2012/whats_on_by_month/
When the page opens, click under "Events: BY DATE", and select November

The concerts featuring Scott are headed, RUSSIAN MASTERS:
RACHMANINOFF AND TCHAIKOVSKY.

The audio CD, Lilacs, can be purchased through Buywell Classic Music
via the following link:

http://www.buywell.com/cgi-bin/buywellic2/02145.html

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers

Web http://overspianos.com.au
mailto:ron at overspianos.com.au

A web page with images of recent work and almost-audio-CD quality mp3
sound files of the Overs piano can be found at;
http://overspianos.com.au/more_info.htm

So put on your headphones, plug them into your freshly restarted
computer and sit back to over 20 minutes of pure piano.