[pianotech] Finish Repair Question

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue Jun 5 16:43:50 MDT 2012

I think you will have to start by making a strip of wood to inlay into the
area.  I would start by cleaning up the surface and leveling it as well as
possible in order to have the best mating surface to glue the new piece to.
Then make a new piece to fit in there, probably out of maple scrap.  Start
by cutting it to length and width, leaving it too thick.  I would go back
and forth to a belt sander with a finer grit on it, leveling it until flush.
Any gaps around it can be puttied and sanded.  I would secure it in place
with several shortened bridge pins, then clamp it in place with glue of
choice.

It's really too big an area to think about puttying or burning in.

Is that a B?

Will Truitt