[pianotech] Case repair question

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jun 6 08:27:54 MDT 2012

Thanks Joe.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Joseph Garrett
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:12 AM
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Case repair question

David said:
"I don't really want to try and inlay a piece of wood. It's a bit too thick
for bondo but my thought was to use this product I have around the shop made
by Abatron called Wood Epox, or something like that. It's a two part putty
that is sandable yet durable. What I'm wondering is whether it provides a
surface that I will be able to build up easily to take and match a finish
with a similar sheen. Anybody used this product for this? "

David,
Jees! If you already had something to mickey mouse the darned thing, then
why didn't you just say so?!!! Sheesh! It amazes me, how inept some people
are at doing basic woodworking things!
JOE

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police