[pianotech] iPhone or Not iPhone

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Wed Jun 6 20:46:37 MDT 2012

......  navigational aid to service calls,
.....  curbside nap timer
......  Disklavier User’s Group resource
......   pocket research library
.......   PianoDisc streaming control box
.......  calculator
.......   camera (still and video) for recording existing conditions of piano (could save your butt some day)
......   traffic jam locator
.......    background check for iffy customers
.......   yes, credit card swiper
.....   serial number lookup for piano’s date of manufacture
......  oh yeah, it works just like a telephone and with an ear bud hands free device you can make calls using verbal commands.  That way you don’t have to put down your beer while driving.

I wouldn’t be without mine.  I call it my smarty pants phone.  With the “goggles” app you can take a picture of something and it’s supposed to tell you what it might be.  I haven’t had much luck with that feature since I mostly take pics of vegetable matter wondering what the name of it is.

I’ve talked into it numerous times instead of typing the search term like, “nearest Starbucks” or “nearest Yamamahama Dealer”.

I recently purchased an extended battery for it so I don’t have to stay tethered to the charger at every opportunity.  Oh, BTW it’s a Droid Bionic.  Nice phone.

Lar