[pianotech] Advice on piano move

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 01:56:15 MDT 2012

If I were going to move a piano that valuable I'd crate it. How many times have I seen movers wrap up gorgeous new or restored pianos in filthy old pads that they walk all over in dirty boots, and that surely have been on carpets with pet stains, used previously to move pianos full of rodent infestations, and etc.? PLENTY! Not at my shop. All but the dirtiest old pianos get moved with freshly-washed pads!

Thumpe