[pianotech] [PTG Pianotech]: Baldwin Studio

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 05:08:00 MDT 2012

Lots of comments on the photos orientation, but no answers. How easy it is to get side tracked!

Al -
High Point, NC

On Jun 19, 2012, at 8:38 PM, Willem Blees wrote:

     This morning I tuned a Baldwin studio. It's looks like a Chinese made high gloss ebony Hamilton Studio, but with some interesting features.    The first thing I noticed was the blue action felts. (see picture) I mean, the bridle straps, let off buttons, even the hammer but felts are all blue, including the catcher leather and back checks.    The other thing of interest is the red plate and the "stealth action". (see picture) Anyone familiar with this unique feature? Anyone want to give me a hint as to what Baldwin means with "stealth"? I thought stealth means undetected or quite. The action was neither. In fact, I had to reglue about a dozen hammer heads and shanks that were clicking.         -------------------------------------------
Willem "Wim" Blees, RPT
Mililani, HI 96789

Reply to Sender : http://my.ptg.org/Go.aspx?c=PostReply&GroupId=43&SenderKey=728edbde-ad1a-4215-a26e-8c4633d58814&MID=231403&MDATE=%3b46%3e47567&UserKey=45e57633-4b26-49be-ab51-f59f366358ff

Reply to Discussion : http://my.ptg.org/Go.aspx?c=PostReply&GroupId=43&MID=231403&MDATE=%3b46%3e47567&UserKey=45e57633-4b26-49be-ab51-f59f366358ff

To Download the attachment(s) click on the link below:
http://my.ptg.org/Go.aspx?c=ViewAttachment&DocumentKey=8fdfddc4-fc3e-49ea-8ec5-c7c4389ca65d&MDATE=%3b46%3e47567&UserKey=45e57633-4b26-49be-ab51-f59f366358ff
(if the link doesn't work, copy and paste it into your web browser)