[pianotech] Treble agraffes and capo bar hardness

jim at grandpianosolutions.com jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Wed Jun 20 18:01:10 MDT 2012

Thanks Ron N.

I suppose my question was too broad and unfocused. The first try often
goes like that for me as I try to wrap my mind around a question that
some part of my brain has formulated, but hasn't communicated to the
rest of the grey matter.

So how about this as a more focused question?

 >So why make the hardness difference even greater by hardening the capo?

Ron O., why bother going this extra distance, as in your hardened capo
bars(I think) and hardened agraffes? Given your  short duplexes which
address the unwanted sounds that Ron N  was referring to, and ample
treble designed into the belly stucture, what does the hardened
termination get you.

My hunch is that its a combination of a high tension scale thing (the
high tensions tend to aggravate the tendency towards termination noises)
and/or  a high performance edge thing, since carrying power (read
biting treble attack) of the duplexes has been eliminated?

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio
jim at grandpianosolutions.com