[pianotech] Yellow pages

Bruce Browning justpianos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 18:23:10 MDT 2012

Terry et al,
I have a very active, one-person business and most of my new business
comes either from my website or word-of-mouth, but I continue to
contact my regular customers by 'phone each year. I follow each
appointment call with a confirmation letter, on the rear of which is a
newletter.
This newsletter, changed four times per year, gives tips to looking
after the piano, placement in the home and encouragement to further
repair or upgrade their existing piano.
The newsletter is sent annually to inactive clients, as a way of
letting them know I am still in business, or have changed
address/phone number or added a website/email.
The rear of this newsletter can be printed with useful simple tunes
for them to collect. ie. Happy Birthday, Auld Lang Syne, etc.
The enormous cost normally spent on Yellow Pages can easily be put
towards this, with change.
Some customers prefer email, at little cost to you.
I also offer a discount voucher, for their next tuning, to anybody who
refers me on to friends and family. This usually encourages further
tunings and expands my customer base.
Just a few business suggestions.......

Bruce Browning
The Piano Tuner