[pianotech] Dampp Chaser Problem

Tom Rhea, Jr. rheapiano at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 17:03:23 MDT 2012

Ron,

Dampp-Chaser specifically states that salt is NOT to be used in a DC system
as it is corrosive and will void the warranty.

PAD Treatment, available from most Certified Installers or other suppliers
such as Schaff or Pianotek, is the only recommended additive.

I am enclosing a caveat from Dampp-Chaser that addresses your client's
situation:

"Use Dampp-Chaser PAD Treatment regularly. PAD Treatment inhibits mildew in
both the watering tube and the Humidifier tank and increases the life of the
Humidifier pads. Use 1 capful with each can of water added to the
Humidifier. The Treatment is available from your piano technician."

"Warning: Add only Dampp-Chaser PAD Treatment to the Humidifier
water. Other brands of water treatment may contain acids which can
corrode strings and metal parts in the piano. The use of other humidifier
water treatment preparations will void the warranty of the Piano Life Saver
System and may void the warranty of the piano manufacturer."

Please pass this information to your client

Regards,
Tom

Rhea Piano Service
Tom Rhea, Jr., Technician