[pianotech] Nucjack??

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 27 12:59:51 MDT 2012

Nick asked:
"Nuckljac -- anyone use this to set jacks to knuckles? Pianotek sell this
tool for $29.95

http://www.pianoteksupply.com/product/2144/Nuckljac.aspx

It is supposed to "simplify the task of aligning grand jacks. Simply adjust
the jack until the small side wing of the tool meets the back of the
adjacent knuckle core."

See in operation at YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiw-1EWyrAc

In any case, interested is what others do to for efficient wholesale
alignment of jacks to knuckle cores. Contact me privately if you wish.

Thanks

--
Nick Gravagne, RPT
AST Mechanical Engineering"

Nick,
I have used it on a few actions, (wippens that are substandard and hard to
get a handle on). It has it's idiosyncrasies, but is another tool for your
kit. Jacks can be daunting, as you well know, so give it a shot...it's only
money.<G> For beginners, it's good way to get around the difficulties, (as
I see it, most beginners are only allowed to work on crap,...so...),until
skills have been established. I don't think it should be used
exclusively.<G> (it takes more time than my usual method(s).
Best Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police