[pianotech] Nuckljac -- anyone use this to set jacks to knuckles?

Claude Harding charding88 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 07:32:48 MDT 2012

Before I repent in dust and ashes for using the NuckLJac, I would like to say that my experience with the
Nuckljack has been during rebuilds with new parts on refurbished hammer rails.
Quality parts have very uniform placement of the knuckles on the shanks.  With careful placement of the hammer flanges
on the rail, the positions of the knuckles is very uniform.
The NuckLJac helps me position the jacks under the knuckles more quickly and easily.  A quick visual check reveals
any jacks that need tweaking, and the end result is indeed correct.
  If one is trying to regulate an action with old, and less uniform parts, the NuckLJac will probably prove less useful.
The method Wim and others describe is my standard practice, but with new, quality parts, I find that the NuckLJac helps
move me along to the correct end result with less stress and strain.
Good day to all.
Claude Harding