[pianotech] Pitch raising addendun

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 21:13:29 MDT 2012

l'll second that, Dale! I had a butt walnut* Lindemann player with a Standard double-valve action, that was one of the very best uprights I've ever heard!

Thumpe

*The ornate walnut on most American pianos that is commonly and incorrectly called "burl", is in fact "butt": it comes from the base of the tree, where there is more figure in the grain. Burl is something entirely else: wood, often cut into veneers, with truly dense and wild patterns that are caused by a viral "tumor" on the tree somewhere.