[pianotech] cutting down a MH bridge

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 22:20:37 MDT 2012

I do agree with you, David!
     Thanks for all the info. I'm too fatigued to assimilate it all at present (it's 12:09 here -- AM or PM depending on whom one asks-- I call it AM) and all I further "figgered" is that a "dead" plate will, besides not augmenting partials, also not transmit vibrations itself very well to the rim. So that eliminates some factors; leaving scale, hammers, and belly design (3's plenty!) to work with....... unless I'm forgetting something...
     (Like I said ---it's time to go to sleep.)

Thumpe

P.S. I recently moved 2 Conover 77's (much like Masons) both "vintage", but one had an AMAZINGLY fat bass side (like 7-1/2" thick!) while the other was more like 5". Too bad I didn't have them both strung and side-by-side; but the 7-1/2" thick one had a GREAT bass!