[pianotech] MAKING DOWELSq

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 3 22:04:47 MDT 2012

Jack said: '
I recently went to Home Depot to buy some dowel and was shocked at the price
so I went back to my shop and made my own.
I first made larger dowels for pedals then found out that I can also make
smaller ones. I can now make dowels any size and use even hardwood. I tested
for fun and made hammer shanks out of maple, fir and even cedar. I have
included a YouTube video to show how it is done. "

Jack,
You go! Thanks for showing some SAFE techniques in tool usage as well!
Always your fan
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police