[pianotech] G Mail!Q

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sat Nov 3 22:13:01 MDT 2012

Maybe you need a new computer guru, Joe.

I've been running Firefox since about v0.7 I think it was... possibly
earlier. It's not 100% trouble-free, true, but close enough for jazz. It
was a real trailblazer with innovative ideas like tabs, grouping of tabs,
and - get this - standards compliance!!!!!! Imagine that!!!  Of late I've
been using Google Chrome as my main browser, but only because I
inadvertently bought into a study that said it was "best"... then I later
learned that it was a Google-sponsored study. It has quirks, and it has
nice features too. Overall I still like Firefox better, I think, except
Chrome does have its silent self-update. I've never had any issues with
images in any version of Firefox (or Chrome, or Opera, or Safari, or IE, or
SeaMonkey.... that's all that I have installed on my current computer...
there are others I used to run on other computers without problems with
images.) I've been known to have problems with my OWN image, sure, but
that's a totally different ball of wax museums.

I haven't used IE regularly for, well, since Firefox v0.7.  I'm serious
about you maybe needing a new computer guru. Too many of them have their
one way of thinking about computers and could not care less about your
needs/wants/abilities. My ex has a guy who installed a bandit copy of XP
Pro (this was a few years back) and then shut off autoupdates so MS
wouldn't pester her/disable her about having a bandit copy of the OS on her
machine (which had come with XP Home installed/licensed/activated.)  What a
jerk!

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN