[pianotech] dealer prep, not

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 16:33:48 MST 2012

I just found out from the dealer I work for, that they have sold new pianos to customers who insisted that the piano they get has to come straight from the warehouse, and be unpacked by the movers. For some reason these customers are under the impression that a piano on the sales floor is not as good as one that comes straight from the factory.

I found this out when the dealer called me to replace a broken string on a piano that had just been delivered. When I asked why the string was not replaced when the piano was on the floor, they told me about the above situation.

Any one else ever heard of this, or is this something that only happens in Hawaii..

Wim