[pianotech] English Overdamper piano pinblocks

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 06:59:23 MST 2012

Do a test Dean. There is no way epoxy will adhere to cured CA as well as it does to wood.

Al -
High Point, NC

On Nov 5, 2012, at 8:47 AM, Dean May <deanmay at pianorebuilders.com> wrote:

I've seen CA applied to a very tight crack and near instantly run several
inches in either direction along the crack, showing the crack to extend past
where it was previously visible. I've never seen that kind of capillary
action happen with epoxy. West system is what I use. YMMV.

Joe's trick of using the heat is sure to improve epoxy's flow performance.
But heat will also speed the cure time for epoxy.

I would think a moderate amount of CA that mostly soaks into the wood would
not hinder the performance of epoxy.

Dean
Dean W May                (812) 235-5272 voice and text
PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY
Terre Haute IN 47802