[pianotech] appraising pianos

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:38:28 MST 2012

Hi Everyone,I'm very interested in what Rick is bringing up about these pianos. I'm interested in doing appraisals on pianos. At the school we were taught how to evaluate a pianos condition for repairs etc which I've done before while back here in Philly.  However, I'd like to gain additional experience on how to evaluate a pianos worth i.e if someone wants their piano appraised so they know how much to insure it for, or how much a piano is worth if they're wanting to sell it. So if there are any materials I can read any vidoes I need to look at, please let me know.  I had a customer who is wanting to sell their piano, a church I regularly tune for call someone else for an appraisal because she didn't realize I did that. The good thing they like my tuning so much and me for that matter :-)  that there's no doubt I'll keep tuning for them. Well that's the feeling I get from them.  Thanks Marshal215-205-4816http://www.phillytuner.com