[pianotech] Flood Damaged Pianos

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Nov 7 07:02:34 MST 2012

On 11/7/2012 7:15 AM, richarducci at comcast.net wrote:
> True, but that was 40yrs. later. If they had been rinsed and treated
> with anti rust agent that might not have been the case?

Which magic anti rust agent might that be? And how does one rinse out a
water damaged piano without doing more damage?

Bottom line, as Del said, is that there is no way of anticipating what
these pianos will do in the future. Meanwhile, the insurance companies
have a lot of other people waiting to be screwed and won't wait three
years to see what the piano does. They want answers now. This leaves you
with two options. Condemn all pianos that have been wet, which is the
only safe call, or guess, which is on YOU. If I was pretending or
presuming to do my customers right, which is my first intent, I'd err on
the safe side and write the pianos off if there is any doubt whatsoever.

Ron N