[pianotech] Help with Krakauer Damper size

Larry T. ltpianoman at comcast.net
Sat Nov 10 03:16:23 MST 2012

I need help with some damper info! I need to order a set of bass damper
wedges from Schaff on Monday and I left my samples at the job which is about
35 miles away. And there is no contact person! So, can anybody tell me the
dimensions of the bass dampers on a 1983 Krakauer console?  1-3/8 x
3/8(Standard); 1-3/4 x 3/8(Old Style); 1-3/4 x 5/16(New Style, Back off
center); or 1-5/8 x 5/16(back off center). I assume the New style but I'll
be wrong if I guess!
Thanks in advance.
Larry Trischetta