[pianotech] Possible adaptation for the Tuning Exam

John Ross jrpiano at bellaliant.net
Sun Nov 11 11:06:37 MST 2012

That would give you a generic temperament for one style of piano.
The result would not be refined, as would a good aural tuning or proper use of a good ETD give you.
This from someone, who when he found that a good ETD would give him a consistently good tuning and has been using one since 1975.
I had a mishap once when the machine broke down. I found that my aural skills were not good enough, so I purchased a spare ETD.
I have had a university contract for over 20 years. They have 41 pianos.
Dropped the contract when I turned 70, but after one year of not doing them, they encouraged me to come back, and with a raise.
So an ETD can result in a comfortable living being made.
End result is that the customer must be satisfied with your work, then they will get you back again.
I have been to approaching 20 conventions, and they have all been a positive experience, and well worth the expense.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia