[pianotech] Obama & the thumper

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 03:48:54 MST 2012

     Oh, yes, I DO go to a customer's home and talk about religion and politics, among other things. (It's hard for them to ignore the discussion when their piano is in 50 pieces.) And I believe that if these talks are engaged in to mutually discover Truth, rather than "beat" someone in an argument, they can be beneficial, invigorating, and appreciated! But if they never call me back, so what? Life is short and then we die. (And then, I believe, we are judged according to how true to ourselves we've been.) And it is malleable and transformative; so I believe that it is due to a fear of alienating those whom we perceive as being of some sort of material benefit to us that our society has sunk into a morass of superficiality that is hazardous to all! So discussing "real issues" is important.
     That said, though, I've come to agree that non-piano matters should be shunned on this list. But only because the vengeful, infantile rants of those few NOT interested in the mutual search for Truth create a non-negotiable "log jam" that precludes intelligent discussion of ANY subject. (Including piano-related.)

Thumpe

P.S. I've found that "opening up" with my true feelings about all sorts of matters creates more friends than  enemies among my customers, and is far more satisfying than going about mute, with my tail between my legs, feeling like an impotent, 2-dimensional, "tool". (Or only half a man.)